Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chelsea are Champions of Europe again!

Europa League this time. Doesn't matter: have trophy! I'm still way too hyped to make sense, so, in no particular order:
  • Say what you will about Torres: El NiƱo scores when it matters!
  • Say what you will about Benitez: he got us silverware and a spot in next year's UCL.
  • That header by Ivanovic was one of the best-placed headers I've ever seen.
  • That shot by Lamps that hit the crossbar would have made me wet in my pants.
  • That goal by Cardozo was offside, if by a few inches. Close but correct call (as was the penalty).
  • Today is my birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better present!
  • CHELSEA ARE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE AGAIN!!!
I fell in love with Chelsea when I was a teen, in the late 1990s when it was run by the Italians: Vialli, Zola, Di Matteo. Even though it is not the winningest club, over the years it has given me so much joy, both before and during the Abramovic era. The base is strong, the bonds are strong, the tradition is strong... and, let's face it, West London is just fuckin' pretty! None of that North London ugly. (I lived in Kensington for a couple of months, which just a few blocks from Stamford Bridge).

Torres goal (59')


Ivanovic goal (90' + 2')



OUR FACES WHEN WE WIN AT THE LAST MINUTE



THEIR FACES WHEN WE WIN AT THE LAST MINUTE


All pictures courtesy of The Telegraph

---

No comments:

Post a Comment