Sunday, September 2, 2012

New season, new blog!

I live in the U.S. but spend summers in my native Italy. As I have belabored in my previous blog, The Summer of 2012, summer sports coverage is far superior on the Eastern side of the pond. Then, in the Fall, it becomes convenient to live States-side, where American sports get top honors and European favorites like association football still receive ample air time. Of course, I move back and forth depending on far more important factors (work, school, family, friends), but I am pleased that near-ideal sports coverage follows me wherever I go.

In the coming days I will release a semi-comprehensive calendar of the Fall 2012-Spring 2013 sports season. Despite this blog's catchy title, I do not in fact watch ALL the sports. Among the major ones, I am uninterested in baseball, hockey, and rugby. Baseball makes me sleep and relies on skills and mechanics that I find unimpressive. Hockey I don't understand and is too physical for my taste. Rugby I like, but have no patience to follow. So while the World Series and the Stanley Cup might grab my attention, that'll pretty much be it for those sports. (In the next post I will list and discuss my sports allegiances, favorites, etc).

This blog is likely to not be as organized as the summer one. I actually astonished myself with my own consistency this summer, blogging nearly every day for two months. I totally lost it at the end and provided virtually no coverage of my two most anticipated events, the Tour de France and the Olympic Games. Reality got in the way, as it were, and I was too busy keeping my life together to think about sports 24/7. Don't you just hate it when that happens? ;-)

So this Fall and Spring I entertain no delusions of being able to blog consistently. I am starting my Ph.D. program (philosophy) in a new town with few friends and many worries, financial and otherwise, so life is likely to get in the way even more frequently than before. But again, nobody reads this stuff, which serves primarily as my own electronic scrapbook and journal, so anything is good and much better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment